Tuesday, July 10, 2007

The Flight

NID, Ahmedabad 16/06/07


What I never knew was
there is a dove in my heart.
Growing each day--
Clinging to the walls of my vessels,
Like many forgotten dreams--
Waking....struggling....and quarrelling
To be known.
And forgotten atlast--
Like the shells drifted to the shore by chance,
That slowly decays to sand.
But there is a dove in my heart--
Often flattering its wings
Wanting to fly!
Soaring above the daily heaps
Of right and wrong,
Learnt unlearnt,
Sorrows and joy---
Like the first man who looked at sky,
Like the first bird that learned to fly.
With awful wings that were never barred.
But I knew it not---
There is a dove--
A dove in my heart!

2 comments:

Jayati said...

let it fly... the dove in your heart!!!
let nothing stop it...
let it reach the distant star in the sky...
for then , ont only will you gain freedom , u will also pave a way for the freedom of those other doves.... who need yuor courage.
be their inspiration...
all the bast!!!

Vijaysagar said...

Like many forgotten dreams--....
.....
Like the shells drifted to the shore by chance,...
.....
there is a dove in my heart--
Often flattering its wings
................
u deserve a sweet kiss for those b'ful lines,if they r urs.