Tuesday, April 19, 2011

...from THE BOOK OF LIFE...


1. Any two extremes are similar. The extreme low class and the extreme high class would have many of their lifestyles and views common. In the same way, the person extremely hated and the person extremely loved both share similarities with ownself. When we recognize the similarity we probably love, when we refuse to accept we hate...

2. I love meeting people in a one-to-one conversation... male or female, rich or poor, ugly or pretty, anyone!... and while talking I observe, mark the expressions, and make my own notes in my mind. And I often think, what has made this particular person so pretty, handsome or ugly. And the answer I found through my general survey is, "Anyone who is free is beautiful. Anyone who is suppressed is ugly."

3. When one loves oneself, love becomes independent. It is no more bound to gender, not to an object nor a subject of this world. It then hits a spiritual note in the mind independent of all petty conditions. A homosexual friend of mine once said, "Any relationship at the end anyway becomes heterosexual." I thought upon it and then defined, "yes! thats how purush and prakriti concepts came... and yin and yang!... male and female are concepts independent of genders!"

4. I was traveling with my cousin. We were going through a marketplace in the morning in Kolkata. I suddenly saw a very young girl of may be 14 being pushed, thrown and laughed at by a crowd of young men. She was crying and sniffing trying to argue about something that to others seemed insane. I was horrified and asked, "What happened?" The others with me were curious too. On being inquired, the answer that came was, "Oh you move on. She is a prostitute you see" and the others with me laughed. The driver laughed too and moved on. I sat frozen and numb. Was still trying to collect what in that information was sufficient to convince someone that it is okay to beat and ridicule a human or say a woman...

5. I always get amused by my sense of time, or even distance or speed since its all related under one structure. I can never estimate how much 5 minutes is or say one hour. If asked by someone, how much time does it take for you to reach office from home, my most innocent answer would be, "If I am recalling the sweet conversation I had last night over dinner then before I have finished reciting even the first two sentences in my mind, I unfortunately reach. So, it takes me 5 minutes or else sometimes takes me an hour."

6. I am a talkative female by my nature and a poor listener. Realizing that sometimes I make conscious effort to improve my ears. The best occasion for that is if a female friend is confused in love. She would say one sentence a hundred times, and narrate even the twitch in his eye-brow and slight move of his palm before she even comes close to the point... and yah at the end you get trained as a patient listener.

On that training, I marked one common confusion. "If he doesn't love me why would he get troubled when I talk to others..."

My assumed conclusion for this is, to a female love and possession is much related. She first loves and then acquires possession. To a male possession is a part of his ego, may or may not belong to a feeling of love... though it may germinate later. 

7. I think broadly there are 2 categories of people: People who like SOLVING mystery and so love "maths" and people who like CELEBRATING mystery and so love "art". Maths-lovers never get the point of staying in mystified when there is a solution. Art-lovers never get the point of solving it when remaining in mystery is so much more mysterious.

8. In my new PG in Bangalore the room next to mine had a pair of caged birds that screeched continuously. I told myself, "Don't get disturbed. Don't you like birds? Do you complain when birds sing in forest?" And then it occurred to me why this is disturbing and that is soothing. One is 'cry for joy' other is 'plead for freedom'. One is beckoning me to rejoice, other is pointing me as guilty. I visited the next room. "Nice birds." I said. She smiled, "Thanks. I love birds" I replied, "Me too". Then returned to my room smiling how diverse the concept of love can be!

9. I rarely hate people... but the few I did, I feel I am placed in their situations again nd again by a mystery force to turn me a bit like them. May b its a defence mechanism that works that way or an Universe's way of mocking hatred. And that is why when Voldemort wanted to kill Harry Potter he passed on some of his strength that in turn became the shield of the one hated.

10. Some days back I was advised, "We want to see balls in your pants." I didn't feel nice, as if to prove my guts I need to be a Man. Then I realised hell no! I do have balls!...not hanging lose in a sack widin my pants but deep inside firmly attached to my fallopian tube maintaining my "guts".

11. It surprises me how most guys are so afraid of gays. The more it is in his nature to be a MAN, the more repellent and frightened he gets. As if deep within he knows, the MAN in him is so fake... someday someone could just come, rip off the man and expose the little girl he smothered all the way.

12. I always get very philosophical when this particular announcement happens in a flight: If the air pressure falls low in the cabin, please put on the oxygen mask. Do not forget to wear the mask yourself before helping the others.

Makes me think...
There are 4 types of people in this world. 1. People who want to help others without wearing the mask first and very soon himself/herself is in need of help from others. 2. People who wear the mask and look around at other successful ones. To have more share of the air, pulls down their masks. 3. People who have worn their masks and to avoid extra trouble neither tries to help nor bring down others. 4. People who wear the mask first and then help the others. They may appear selfish when others are struggling around and they are busy wearing theirs. But very soon they become the life saving ones.

13. I feel just working hard is not enough. A donkey and a horse both work hard. What makes one elegant and the other burdened is the difference in their attitude and grace with which they do the work.

14.  What I have learnt from watching so many movies online is that the info that says in bright flashing colour "watch here" is never the right link. It is the humble one sitting hidden behind the million ads. I have learnt that a person mouthful of promises is the one who will soon let you down. The true ones in whom the code to the path is plainly visible does not need to flash.

15. ...and while I looked for Mr. Right, I got carried away by Mr. Wrongs. And while I set those Wrongs right, I realized how wrong that was. What is right about it anyway is that, I was so wrongly right, yet so rightly wrong. And now I have a feeling that I am so right that I am so wrong.

16. And there comes a point where you can not separate love from hatred, pain from pleasure. How strange it is that the extreme opposites are placed side by side in its bar. Its almost like when you watch athletes run in a circular track, there are times where the last one comes so close to the one coming first... while the other similar ones are far apart. It is may be because this point exists that opposites attract.


to be contd...

8 comments:

Wen Ying said...

hey nice one! =D

Navs said...

Sounds deep thoughts from an open mind.

Meenakshi said...

nice read! and nicer insights!!

krunal varshikar said...

perfectly written! i like the way u have described the sense of time! it happens all the time. when i was not knowing how to swim, spending 1 hr in the pool without a life jacket seemed like millions of years, n now when i can somehow swim, that 1 hour seems like 1 second!!!

kym said...

good to see another post from you, as ever it is inciteful to read

Erratic Thoughts said...

Just happened to drop by your blog, from somebody's comment section...
You are one level-headed person...and that's what brought me here...your intellect is pure,unadultrated and simple!:)
m glued:)

Anonymous said...

like your writing. keep it up

anand said...

very interesting.....very well put. loved your posts in general