Tuesday, October 23, 2012

My love letter to Prague!




View from the Charles Bridge

I somehow knew that every place has its personality.  Prague somehow made it so clear.  Our wavelength and frequency just rightly matched. We looked into each other’s eyes the first time and knew our heart beats were synchronizing, our breathing pattern rhymed and we understood each other and felt that age old feeling you have whenever you fall in love, “Feels like I know you for so long.”
I was always in a doubt whether I am a romantic or not. People who claim themselves as romance-lovers when talked about their wishes to die together or eat, breathe, walk, live and practically just stick together, I twitched my face in boredom. Sticking a phone to my ear and speaking of love in a mushy voice isn’t my thing either. When I compared myself I decided I was rather a bit cold and not a romantic at all.
Prague told me in a very Prague way, I was. This place doesn’t let you talk much, or proclaim lengthy promises and articulate desires. It just makes you wonder. It creates a magic spell on you when words fall short. All you would want to do if you sat by the river facing the fairyland castle in the evening to see the colours change before your eyes is to look for words--the appropriate words that could reveal all that you feel when you skipped your beats and gasped.
Prague being considered a romantic place, is a popular spot for marriage
When I returned from the airport after I first hit the ground I met an old man. He smiled and came to sit beside me and talked. He talked about his life, his wife, his interests and places I should visit in Prague. Before he left the train at his stop he did a quick funny dance near the gate to make me laugh.
I was already feeling too welcomed after I got down from the train to look for the destination. A nice lady walked beside and asked if she could help with the direction. In this new place I walked my first steps with her amazed by the friendliness of the people in this land.
Not to mention, these were just the beginning hours. My thrill, adrenaline and irresistible love bursted out as I entered the restaurants there. The fairy godmother swung her wand at the menus and said, “Let there be the kind of food Aparajita particularly likes.” I was like a hungry dog salivating in each meal and chewed the morsel and licked as my tongue experienced multiple orgasms inside.
Goulash was my love at first taste there. It is a beef curry served with a bread like thing they call dumpling. The combination of the soaked dumpling bits in the gravy followed by a piece of the meat all being chewed together broke a hidden code inside my mouth and the door that opened with a click led to the pathway of ecstasy.
Goulash with dumplings--the most popular Czech delight!
Goulash soup is just the gravy served inside a bread made like a container. Roasted duck is another delicacy. Pork knee is one more. Pork liver soup is balls made out of pork liver floating on the soup-top to be rescued. With all these new food to be tried out I was in my seventh heaven already.
To top it again, not only the food, the restaurants and the locations they were in were brilliant. In London if you pick a place with a nice view to add on, you got to take a deep breath and be ready to pay extra pounds for the air that you breathe in and the things that you see apart from the food that you swallow into your mouth.
A restaurant in old town square
In Prague even the nicest of the nicest locations didn’t really vary in the prices much. Along with the food I could soak in the atmosphere and keep all my senses occupied with pleasure.  The boat restaurant at night that floated on the water with Jazz musicians performing live, with candles on the table-tops and lights on the bank of River Vltava shimmering on the water, bits of chicken and sips of Czech white wine entering the elementary canal calming and soothing my senses…what else were I born to do on this Earth?
A restaurant with cozy fire
One more place I loved was on the hill-top on the way to the castle. You could see the top view of Prague from there, sit amongst a grape vine and sip red wine. The weather was amazing that day and a ray of sun hit the glass to lighten the colour of wine from maroon to crimson. It penetrated the glass and casted a red reflection over the white table like an abstract painting on canvas. That glowing red colour so luring, tempting and throbbing with desire mixed with the evening sun and mild wind created one more magic moment I would always carry with me locked inside my memory cell from Prague.
 The magic potion!
During the day I went to see the very famous Astronomical clock strike in its hour and the performance and trumpets that followed after that. As the clock struck, the skeleton pulled the bell to remind us of our fixed duration on Earth which every hour got shorter.  The figures above shook their heads “No” in denial to death and to embrace life. All I could think was this is so my type of metaphor and explanation. During my first year of design course I remember doing an assignment on “time” where I related death and clock in just so similar way. This is a kind of association that is so easy for me to relate and understand. Prague is my long lost friend. We have one soul that had got separated in the spin of lives and deaths sometime.
Astronomical clock--the oldest functioning one
Oh and how I hate discipline and fixed identity and civil-perfection. I can never appreciate a typical something if it is not an experimental mixture in its own way in own style revealing its own nature. I like people who are not typical Hindus or Muslims or Christians, or typical Bengalis, Punjabis or Tamils. I like the type of person who is not typically an arrogant atheist but an atheist in quest of spiritualism, not a typical religious moron but a person who thinks and questions and thus becomes a unique mixture from all ages, all beliefs and all styles picking and adorning and changing along the journey with whatever comes.
Dear Prague, not that I know a lot about architecture but with whatever senses I can appreciate I admire you for the different styles you so proudly held to mix match your personality in each phase, in each era that made you so alive.
The last evening before I left Prague, I was like a mad boy in love, madly in loss before he departs and would kiss the face of his lover haphazardly anywhere. I wanted to soak in as much as I could and hold her till the last moment in my memory chord. I went on a long walk in Mala Strana—the narrow lantern lit lanes across the river. It was orange in the mild glow, quiet and magical. I sat by the river and watched the sunset cast spells on my eyes, I walked on the Charles Bridge while the seagulls were fluttering their wings till they were tired and returned home finally. I sat before the magical glow of the Church of our Lady in Old Town Square and felt I was in a Harry Potter world walking and living in my dream half awake and half aware.
Evening with gliding birds
The river was perfectly located with the perfect number of seagulls diving in and out and swirling around. The castle across the river was just in the right position in just the perfect location. The people walking by talked just in the perfect pitch as if humming a magic code in murmer. The light in the evenings was just the perfect amount to guide one to walk and yet lose track from reality and be hypnotized into a magic land.
I left a part of me with you wandering in those lanes when the lights go dim at night. In short, dear Prague, I loved you so much.
A view across the river Vltava

28 comments:

Anonymous said...

Greetings from Ohio! I'm bored at work so I decided to browse your blog on my iphone during lunch break. I love the info you provide here and can't wait to take a look when I get
home. I'm surprised at how quick your blog loaded on my phone .. I'm
not even using WIFI, just 3G .. Anyhow, amazing site!


Also visit my website - causes of female hair loss

Anonymous said...


Our updates Recent articles:

Anonymous said...

Hi to every one, it's really a good for me to pay a quick visit this web page, it consists of helpful Information.

Also visit my website - cool english cream golden retrievers breeders stuff

Anonymous said...

I love your blog.. very nice colors & theme. Did you
make this website yourself or did you hire someone to
do it for you? Plz reply as I'm looking to create my own blog and would like to find out where u got this from. cheers

Also visit my webpage quality information golden retrievers material

Anonymous said...

We are a gaggle of volunteers and opening a new scheme in our community.
Your website provided us with helpful information
to work on. You've performed a formidable activity and our entire community can be thankful to you.

Here is my weblog ... visit for girl golden retriever names information

Anonymous said...

whoah this blog is magnificent i love studying your articles.
Keep up the great work! You know, many persons are looking round for this information, you can
help them greatly.

Here is my blog; more yellow lab golden retriever details

Anonymous said...

Good day! Do you know if they make any plugins to protect against hackers?
I'm kinda paranoid about losing everything I've worked hard on.
Any suggestions?

my web blog: golden retriever dog

Anonymous said...

These are actually impressive ideas in about blogging.
You have touched some nice factors here. Any way keep up wrinting.


Also visit my weblog ... yellow lab golden retriever mix

Anonymous said...

I'm really impressed with your writing skills and also with the layout on your weblog. Is this a paid theme or did you customize it yourself? Anyway keep up the excellent quality writing, it is rare to see a nice blog like this one these days.

my site; useful english goldendoodle breeders info

Anonymous said...

Greetings from Ohio! I'm bored at work so I decided to browse your blog on my iphone during lunch break. I love the information you provide here and can't wait to take a
look when I get home. I'm amazed at how quick your blog loaded on my cell phone .. I'm not even
using WIFI, just 3G .. Anyways, awesome blog!

Here is my blog; Useful Reference

Anonymous said...

naturally like your web site however you need to test the spelling on quite a few of your posts.
Many of them are rife with spelling problems and I to find it very bothersome to inform the reality then again I will surely come again again.


Feel free to surf to my site ... Go To My Site

Anonymous said...

I think this is one of the most vital info for me. And i'm glad reading your article. But wanna remark on few general things, The web site style is wonderful, the articles is really excellent : D. Good job, cheers

My web blog: click reference

Anonymous said...

After looking over a number of the articles on your site, I really like your way of writing a blog.

I book-marked it to my bookmark webpage list and
will be checking back soon. Please check out my web site too and let me know your opinion.


My site Cool Black Labrador Golden Retriever Facts

Anonymous said...

Fantastic blog! Do you have any hints for aspiring
writers? I'm hoping to start my own website soon but I'm a little lost
on everything. Would you propose starting with a free platform
like Wordpress or go for a paid option? There are so many options out
there that I'm totally confused .. Any ideas? Cheers!

Here is my web page Www.Golden-Retriever-Guide.Com

Anonymous said...

Ridiculous quest there. What occurred after? Good
luck!

Also visit my weblog ... impressive adopting golden retrievers stuff

Anonymous said...

Can I just say what a comfort to find a person that actually understands
what they are talking about on the net. You actually understand how
to bring an issue to light and make it important.
A lot more people really need to check this out and understand
this side of the story. I can't believe you are not more popular since you definitely possess the gift.

Anonymous said...

I've been surfing on-line more than three hours today, yet I by no means found any attention-grabbing article like yours. It's beautiful
worth enough for me. In my view, if all website owners and bloggers made just right content material as you probably did, the web shall be
a lot more helpful than ever before.

my site; important link

Anonymous said...

Hello I am so glad I found your blog page, I really found you by error,
while I was researching on Bing for something else, Anyhow I
am here now and would just like to say thanks
for a marvelous post and a all round exciting blog (I also
love the theme/design), I don’t have time to look over it all at the minute but I have saved it and also included your RSS
feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read a lot more, Please do keep up the
excellent jo.

Have a look at my web-site; golden retriever lab mix pictures

Anonymous said...

Wow, this post is fastidious, my younger sister is analyzing such things, therefore I am going to
tell her.

Here is my blog ... golden retriever labrador retriever

Anonymous said...

Hello there I am so glad I found your weblog, I really found you by mistake, while I was looking on Digg for something else,
Anyways I am here now and would just like to say
cheers for a remarkable post and a all round entertaining blog (I also love the theme/design), I don’t have time to read through
it all at the moment but I have saved it and also added your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back
to read more, Please do keep up the superb b.

my web blog: excellent info on golden retrievers info

Anonymous said...

Awesome post.

My web-site - More Helpful Hints

Anonymous said...

Excellent article. I will be facing a few of these issues as well.
.

Feel free to surf to my web blog - click for the golden retrievers material

Anonymous said...

Stunning quest there. What occurred after? Good luck!

Here is my site more golden retrievers info content

Anonymous said...

Hi to all, how is the whole thing, I think every one is
getting more from this web page, and your views are nice in support of new people.


Review my weblog; golden retriever information

Anonymous said...

It's very easy to find out any matter on net as compared to textbooks, as I found this paragraph at this website.

Here is my web site golden retriever lab mix puppy

Anonymous said...

That is a really good tip particularly to those new to the blogosphere.
Simple but very precise information… Thanks for sharing this
one. A must read article!

Here is my web-site Get Golden Retriever Character facts

Anonymous said...

Excellent way of telling, anԁ nice paragrаph to get infοrmation conсеrning mу preѕentation ѕubject, which i am going to ρresеnt in
university.

Visit my web site; server-konfigurieren.de

Anonymous said...

Hardly sunglasses take[url=http://rayban.genin.jp][b]rayban.genin.jp[/b][/url]
occupied such a storied quarter in American culture and days of yore as Begin Bans.From Presidents to big stars, outcropping a on ice b in a shambles stars to artists, favour designers to runway models, there's not a beginning [url=http://rayban.client.jp][b]rayban.client.jp[/b][/url]
cognizant that can't [url=http://rayban.bufsiz.jp][b]レイバン サングラス 人気[/b][/url]
attend to in erase owning (or rubbishy to own ) [url=http://rayban.bufsiz.jp][b]レイバン サングラス カタログ[/b][/url]
a matched pin down of these iconic sunglasses.While Spark[url=http://rayban.genin.jp][b]ray ban サングラス[/b][/url]
Bans majority [url=http://rayban.makibishi.jp][b]レイバン メガネ[/b][/url]
can be seen on the next institution of Hollywood mania setters, the famed sunglasses had a much more sound [url=http://rayban.kusarikatabira.jp][b]rayban サングラス[/b][/url]
and bring beginning.Founded in 1937 away Bausch & Lomb, the downhearted ribbon Brace Bench sunglasses were created inasmuch as the US Army Style Corp. The Army was looking from stem to stern teeth of a sunglass to protect aviators from the damaging rays of the trinkets, but also a sunglass that would look artistic on the animated airman of the day.